On Monday, November 13, at 1:00 PM, I appeared with my client in Milton City Court to defend him against a DUI charge.
My client was involved in an accident which was not his fault. His car was T-bones by a speeding driver, and although my client was not at fault he was arrested for DUI.
Based on the circumstances
of the accident and my client’s low blood alcohol level, I believed that his charge should be reduced to reckless driving.
Unfortunately, upon review of my client’s history, the prosecutor became aware of a previous DUI, and based on that prior DUI conviction was unwilling to reduce this DUI to reckless driving.
I requested and obtained a transfer of this case to Fulton State Court, in an effort to postpone the resolution.
The information on this blog comes to you from the Alpharetta, Georgia DUI defense Attorney Scott Miller.
If you have questions relating to DUI or you are facing charges of DUI, you may call attorney Scott Miller at 770-408-1001 for a free consultation.
Get Help Now
Fill out this short form and Criminal Defense Lawyer Scott Miller contact you quickly about your traffic, DUI, misdemeanor, felony or probation violation case.
- Scott handled my DUI case, he got the charge reduced, now I don’t have a DUI on my record. I recommend him To anyone with a DUI charge. Shakti: Alpharetta
- I liked Attorney Scott Miller from the moment we met. I talked to several attorneys before I picked Attorney Miller to help me. I liked him from the moment we met. He was very professional, and he seemed to know everything about the law. In court, he convinced the prosecutor to drop my DUI charge. Belinda: Dunwoody, GA.
- I called attorney Scott Miller for a free consultation. I was stopped on Georgia 400 for speeding, and I was arrested for DUI. After meeting with Scott, I was impressed with his knowledge of the law and his easy-going manner. He told me that because this was my first DUI, he might be able to get it reduced to another charge. In court he was amazing, he convinced the prosecutor to reduce my charge to reckless driving. He also got my speeding ticket dismissed. How lucky for me to have seen him on the web. Manish: Alpharetta
- Posted on 08/13/2013 Boating Under the Influence Laws in Georgia – What To Do if You Are Charged With BUI
- Posted on 08/05/2013 Georgia DUI Attorney: The Horizontal Gaze Nystagmus Test Is Not Always Accurate
- Posted on 07/26/2013 The Consequences You Face for a DUI in Georgia