The Law Office of Scott Miller represents those accused of traffic violations, DUIs, misdemeanors, felonies and probation violations in northern Georgia.
Whether you were caught speeding in Alpharetta or running a stop sign in Sandy Springs, getting a ticket probably ruined your day. What you may not realize is that getting ticketed in Georgia for a traffic violation is more than a minor nuisance. Tickets can impact your driving record— and this can mean more than just paying a fine. If you have been ticketed in Georgia, you could lose your license.
Drunk driving arrests can lead to jail time, loss of your license and financial penalties; a conviction can even cost you your job. A drunk driving conviction becomes a part of your permanent record. However, working with an Alpharetta DUI lawyer can mean the difference between protecting your rights and losing your license, paying serious fines or even facing jail time. Contact Attorney Scott Miller to ensure your rights and future are protected.
Attorney Scott Miller has experience in handling various types of misdemeanor cases, such as shoplifting, violation of a restraining order, probation violation, and possession of a controlled substance. A Georgia misdemeanor conviction carries a sentence of at least five days in jail, but no more than one year, and may also include probation, fines of up to $1000, and community service. A misdemeanor charge is more than just a mere nuisance; a misdemeanor conviction becomes a part of your criminal record for future employers to see. If you have been charged with a misdemeanor, Attorney Scott Miller will explain to you the charges and possible penalties so you can understand why it is important for an Alpharetta misdemeanor lawyer to vigorously defend your rights.
Georgia crimes that are punishable by more than twelve months are considered felonies. While a crime may have started out as a misdemeanor—such as possession of a controlled substance, probation violation, shoplifting or violation of a restraining order—the penalties grow harsher with each offense. These subsequent offenses often become felonies. Georgia felonies carry the most severe penalties, including fines, probation, incarceration, counseling, restitution and community service. These consequences can impact your life, your future, your family and your livelihood, and become a part of your permanent record. If you were arrested and then released without being charged, or arrested and charged, but the prosecutor dropped the charges, Attorney Scott Miller will work to have the arrest expunged from your record. Let Scott, an experienced Alpharetta felony lawyer, use his insight and familiarity with the metro-Atlanta court system work to mitigate or dismiss the charges so you can keep a clean record.
Probation orders are often very specific and a violation of any of the terms of your probation will almost always lead to jail time. If you are charged with probation violation in northern Georgia, call Attorney Scott Miller, an experienced Alpharetta probation violation lawyer. Not all probation violations are your fault and oftentimes the court and probation officer do not follow proper procedures, Attorney Miller will make sure your rights are protected.
Get Help Now
- Posted on 05/06/2018 School is still in session, look for a stopped school buses
- Posted on 05/05/2018 Ticketed for invalid vehicle registration after moving to Georgia?
- Posted on 05/05/2018 If you drive an unregistered vehicle in Georgia, you may be guilty of a misdemeanor
- My son was arrested for racing, and reckless driving. I called attorney Scott Miller for help. He went to work right away to help us. Attorney Miller had my son take a defensive driving course and perform 40 hours of community service. Scott also had my son write a 300 word essay about the dangers of driving fast. When we went to court, Attorney Miller got my sons charges reduced and he was able to keep his drivers license. Thank you Scott for helping a mother and her son in there time of need. I recommend attorney Scott Miller highly. He is the best. A grateful mother in Alpharetta, GA.
- Attorney Scott Miller got my probation violation charge dismissed! Thanks to attorney Scott Miller, I am working and supporting my wife and child instead of serving time in jail for a past mistake. I can't say enough good things about attorney Miller and how he solved my problem. Javeir: Sandy Springs, GA.
- I hired Attorney Scott Miller to defend me against a DUI charge in Alpharetta. Scott and his Associates we’re very professional, and I was treated with the utmost respect. In court Attorney Miller got my DUI charge reduced to reckless driving. I am so relieved not have a DUI on my permanent record. Attorney Scott Miller is the best at what he does, that is handling DUI offenses in Georgia. Cynthia: Alpharetta, GA Cynthia: Alpharetta, GA