I appeared with my client in Fulton County Court to defend him against a DUI, driving less safe charge.
This particular case is made more difficult, because my client is under 21 years of age.
Following discussions with the court, I move for the court to dismiss the charges against my client based on the failure of the prosecution to provide the video of the arrest.
I knew for full well that this was the first jury trial calendar, and the judge would probably deny the dismissal, which he did. The judge reset the case for another jury trial in March.
This gives me a additional time to work on my client’s defense, however if the prosecution fails to provide the video a second time, then I can get my client’s charge dismissed.
This information is provided to you by the Alpharetta, Georgia DUI defense attorney Scott Miller.
If you have been arrested for DUI, you may contact attorney Scott Miller at 770-408-1001 for a free consultation.
- Posted on 10/31/2018license suspension hearing with my client
- Posted on 05/30/2018Georgia code 40-6-391, DUI, driving less safe.
- Posted on 04/11/2018Defending my client against a DUI in Dunwoody, GA.
- Posted on 08/13/2013 Boating Under the Influence Laws in Georgia – What To Do if You Are Charged With BUI
- Posted on 08/05/2013 Georgia DUI Attorney: The Horizontal Gaze Nystagmus Test Is Not Always Accurate
- Posted on 07/26/2013 The Consequences You Face for a DUI in Georgia