Georgia code 40-6-391 requires that no one shall be in physical control of a moving vehicle while under the influence of alcohol or drugs to the extent that it is less safe for that person to drive.
A person found guilty of 40-6 391 in Georgia will be guilty of a misdemeanor.
In April of this year, I represented a client in Alpharetta Municipal Court who had been charge with operating a motor vehicle under the influence, less safe.
My client was returning home from an evening with friends. He failed to come to a complete stop at a traffic intersection, and was stopped and arrested for DUI.
This was my client’s first in a lifetime DUI charge.
Following negotiations with the prosecutor, I was able to get his DUI charge reduced to reckless driving.
Being found guilty of reckless driving is a traffic offense.
Being found guilty of DUI is a criminal misdemeanor, and it remains on your record.
My client was extremely happy with this result, and he has referred one of his friends to me for a different type of matter.
This is another extremely happy client of the Alpharetta, Georgia DUI defense attorney Scott Miller.
If you have issues or questions about DUI, call attorney Scott Miller today at 770-408-1001 for a free consultation.
Get Help Now
Fill out this short form and Criminal Defense Lawyer Scott Miller contact you quickly about your traffic, DUI, misdemeanor, felony or probation violation case.
- I hired Attorney Scott Miller to defend me against a DUI charge in Alpharetta. Scott and his Associates we’re very professional, and I was treated with the utmost respect. In court Attorney Miller got my DUI charge reduced to reckless driving. I am so relieved not have a DUI on my permanent record. Attorney Scott Miller is the best at what he does, that is handling DUI offenses in Georgia. Cynthia: Alpharetta, GA Cynthia: Alpharetta, GA
- Scott handled my DUI case, he got the charge reduced, now I don’t have a DUI on my record. I recommend him To anyone with a DUI charge. Shakti: Alpharetta
- I liked Attorney Scott Miller from the moment we met. I talked to several attorneys before I picked Attorney Miller to help me. I liked him from the moment we met. He was very professional, and he seemed to know everything about the law. In court, he convinced the prosecutor to drop my DUI charge. Belinda: Dunwoody, GA.
- Posted on 08/13/2013 Boating Under the Influence Laws in Georgia – What To Do if You Are Charged With BUI
- Posted on 08/05/2013 Georgia DUI Attorney: The Horizontal Gaze Nystagmus Test Is Not Always Accurate
- Posted on 07/26/2013 The Consequences You Face for a DUI in Georgia