I frequently defend client's against DUI charges in the Alpharetta Municipal Court.
Getting stopped for DUI is the beginning of a humiliating event, and your troubles are just beginning.
In all likelihood, you will be placed in handcuffs, arrested, and taken to jail.
Your vehicle will be impounded and inventoried. Any contraband material found in your vehicle will cause additional charges to be made against you.
You will have to arrange bail, and you will have 10 days from the date of your arrest to save your driving privileges.
Your first step should be to select a local DUI defense attorney to represent you.
Hiring someone who regularly defends DUI clients in the local court is best.
It is possible that a skilled DUI defense attorney could get your DUI charge reduced to reckless driving.
In all likelihood you will have to attend a DUI school and perform many hours of community service.
This would be a big win however, because a reckless driving conviction is not a DUI conviction, that will follow you the rest of your life.
This informational blog comes to you from the Alpharetta, Georgia DUI defense attorney Scott Miller.
If you are facing a charge of DUI or other traffic ticket charges, call attorney Scott Miller at 770-408-1001 for a free consultation.
Get Help Now
Fill out this short form and Criminal Defense Lawyer Scott Miller contact you quickly about your traffic, DUI, misdemeanor, felony or probation violation case.
- I hired Attorney Scott Miller to defend me against a DUI charge in Alpharetta. Scott and his Associates we’re very professional, and I was treated with the utmost respect. In court Attorney Miller got my DUI charge reduced to reckless driving. I am so relieved not have a DUI on my permanent record. Attorney Scott Miller is the best at what he does, that is handling DUI offenses in Georgia. Cynthia: Alpharetta, GA Cynthia: Alpharetta, GA
- Scott handled my DUI case, he got the charge reduced, now I don’t have a DUI on my record. I recommend him To anyone with a DUI charge. Shakti: Alpharetta
- I liked Attorney Scott Miller from the moment we met. I talked to several attorneys before I picked Attorney Miller to help me. I liked him from the moment we met. He was very professional, and he seemed to know everything about the law. In court, he convinced the prosecutor to drop my DUI charge. Belinda: Dunwoody, GA.
- Posted on 08/13/2013 Boating Under the Influence Laws in Georgia – What To Do if You Are Charged With BUI
- Posted on 08/05/2013 Georgia DUI Attorney: The Horizontal Gaze Nystagmus Test Is Not Always Accurate
- Posted on 07/26/2013 The Consequences You Face for a DUI in Georgia