Alpharetta attorney Scott Miller reviews Georgia traffic signs.
Traffic signs in Georgia or differentiated by different shapes and colors. The signs have seven different shapes four different colors.
(1) An octagonal red sign means you must stop your vehicle.
(2) Horizontal rectangular signs green in color are used to show locations and directions.
(3) Diamond shaped signs yellow in color warn about hazards on the roadway or areas adjacent to the roadway.
(4) A round yellow sign means you are approaching a railroad crossing. The signs are posted at least 100 feet in front of the railroad tracks.
(5) Triangle red signs are yield signs. These triangle read signs inform you that you must slow down and yield to oncoming traffic.
(6) A Pentagon shaped signs in yellow mean you are approaching a school zone or a school crossing. These are posted at least 150 feet on more before the school. Be especially vigilant when you see the signs. Look for young children and be prepared to stop your vehicle.
Regulatory signs are used to tell drivers what they may or may not do.
Regulatory signs are typically squares or rectangles and are used to tell drivers about certain conditions and restrictions.
A one-way sign means you must travel only in the direction of the arrow.
A keep right sign means that you must travel to the right of the median.
Speed limit signs announce the maximum speed permitted on the roadway.
School zone speed limit signs announced that you're approaching a school zone and informs you that you must reduce your speed to the posted limit.
Reduce speed ahead signs inform you that you are approaching an area where the speed limit is reduced. You must slow your speed before you reach the new speed limit sign.
If you have questions about the above or if you have received A traffic ticket for a traffic signal infraction, contact the traffic ticket defense attorney Scott Miller in Alpharetta, Georgia for a free consultation. 770-408-1001
Get Help Now
Fill out this short form and Criminal Defense Lawyer Scott Miller contact you quickly about your traffic, DUI, misdemeanor, felony or probation violation case.
- My son was arrested for racing, and reckless driving. I called attorney Scott Miller for help. He went to work right away to help us. Attorney Miller had my son take a defensive driving course and perform 40 hours of community service. Scott also had my son write a 300 word essay about the dangers of driving fast. When we went to court, Attorney Miller got my sons charges reduced and he was able to keep his drivers license. Thank you Scott for helping a mother and her son in there time of need. I recommend attorney Scott Miller highly. He is the best. A grateful mother in Alpharetta, GA.
- I was given a super speeder ticket on GA–400. I was not disappointed, he got the ticket dismissed and prevented me from having points on my license, and paying the super speeder fine. I recommend him to anyone with a speeding ticket. Alberto: Roswell, Ga.
- My 17-year-old son was given a speeding ticket on GA-400. Attorney Scott Miller got the speeding ticket dismissed. He was very professional and he led us through the process. Denise: Alpharetta, GA.
- Posted on 05/06/2018 School is still in session, look for a stopped school buses
- Posted on 05/05/2018 Ticketed for invalid vehicle registration after moving to Georgia?
- Posted on 05/05/2018 If you drive an unregistered vehicle in Georgia, you may be guilty of a misdemeanor