I just left court with my client in Sandy Springs, GA.
She had been charged with driving a vehicle with an expired registration.
Her vehicle was impounded, and she was required to reinstate the registration before she could retrieve her vehicle.
The laws of the state of Georgia clearly require that a motor vehicle must be currently registered in order to be operated on roads or highway's in Georgia.
I have heard many reasons for not renewing a vehicle registration. The majority of which seem to be either I forgot to send in the registration or I didn't have money to pay for the registration.
Driving and unregistered vehicle in Georgia is not worth the risk. Often times you may end up with your vehicle being impounded. Now you have the added cost of defending yourself in court and paying the impound fee.
If you are unable to obtain a current vehicle registration for whatever reason, it is always wise to get a ride with a friend or call a taxi.
Fortunate for my client, I was able to get her charge reduced.
This information about driving with expired registration is provided to you by the Alpharetta, Georgia traffic ticket defense attorney Scott Miller.
If you are facing the charge of driving without a current vehicle registration or any other traffic violation, you may contact attorney Scott Miller at 770-408-1001, for a free consultation.
Get Help Now
Fill out this short form and Criminal Defense Lawyer Scott Miller contact you quickly about your traffic, DUI, misdemeanor, felony or probation violation case.
- Attorney Scott recently represented me and my mother both for traffic ticket charges. In both cases he got my mothers charge and my charge dismissed. He is a wonderful attorney and also a wonderful person. I can’t recommend him enough! Regina: Marietta, GA.
- I was moving along with the speed of traffic when I was pulled over. I was frightened, this was my first ticket ever. The police officer gave me a super speeder ticket. Attorney Miller got my speed reduced and my ticket dismissed. Hooray Attorney Miller, I will refer all my friends and family to you! Roeween: Buford GA.
- I was arrested for street racing in Alpharetta. Scott had helped me previously with a speeding ticket I called Attorney Miller when I was released from jail. Scott worked with the court and got my charge reduced. I had to pay a fine and go to traffic school. Simon
- Posted on 05/06/2018 School is still in session, look for a stopped school buses
- Posted on 05/05/2018 Ticketed for invalid vehicle registration after moving to Georgia?
- Posted on 05/05/2018 If you drive an unregistered vehicle in Georgia, you may be guilty of a misdemeanor