I just left court with my client in Sandy Springs, GA.
She had been charged with driving a vehicle with an expired registration.
Her vehicle was impounded, and she was required to reinstate the registration before she could retrieve her vehicle.
The laws of the state of Georgia clearly require that a motor vehicle must be currently registered in order to be operated on roads or highway's in Georgia.
I have heard many reasons for not renewing a vehicle registration. The majority of which seem to be either I forgot to send in the registration or I didn't have money to pay for the registration.
Driving and unregistered vehicle in Georgia is not worth the risk. Often times you may end up with your vehicle being impounded. Now you have the added cost of defending yourself in court and paying the impound fee.
If you are unable to obtain a current vehicle registration for whatever reason, it is always wise to get a ride with a friend or call a taxi.
Fortunate for my client, I was able to get her charge reduced.
This information about driving with expired registration is provided to you by the Alpharetta, Georgia traffic ticket defense attorney Scott Miller.
If you are facing the charge of driving without a current vehicle registration or any other traffic violation, you may contact attorney Scott Miller at 770-408-1001, for a free consultation.
Get Help Now
Fill out this short form and Criminal Defense Lawyer Scott Miller contact you quickly about your traffic, DUI, misdemeanor, felony or probation violation case.
- My son was arrested for racing, and reckless driving. I called attorney Scott Miller for help. He went to work right away to help us. Attorney Miller had my son take a defensive driving course and perform 40 hours of community service. Scott also had my son write a 300 word essay about the dangers of driving fast. When we went to court, Attorney Miller got my sons charges reduced and he was able to keep his drivers license. Thank you Scott for helping a mother and her son in there time of need. I recommend attorney Scott Miller highly. He is the best. A grateful mother in Alpharetta, GA.
- I was given a super speeder ticket on GA–400. I was not disappointed, he got the ticket dismissed and prevented me from having points on my license, and paying the super speeder fine. I recommend him to anyone with a speeding ticket. Alberto: Roswell, Ga.
- My 17-year-old son was given a speeding ticket on GA-400. Attorney Scott Miller got the speeding ticket dismissed. He was very professional and he led us through the process. Denise: Alpharetta, GA.
- Posted on 05/06/2018 School is still in session, look for a stopped school buses
- Posted on 05/05/2018 Ticketed for invalid vehicle registration after moving to Georgia?
- Posted on 05/05/2018 If you drive an unregistered vehicle in Georgia, you may be guilty of a misdemeanor