If you are stopped for speeding, a law-enforcement officer will issue you a traffic citation for speeding. You can satisfy the citation by paying the fine which can be expensive. In addition, after you pay the monetary fine, points will be added to your Georgia drivers record, These points can be reported to your insurance carrier. The insurance carrier may increase the cost of your insurance.
If you were speeding in a reckless manner, you may be stopped and arrested for reckless driving. This is a more serious offense than simple speeding.
The cost can be a large monetary fine and court costs. You may lose your driving privilege for a certain period of time.
If you were stopped for speeding, and you were found to be driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, the costs of your actions will be very expensive.
If you were speeding and had a vehicle accident, the cost of repairs can be very high.
The best advice is simply "do not speed."
If you have questions about speeding tickets, or if you have been issued a speeding ticket, you may contact the Alpharetta, Georgia speeding ticket defense attorney Scott Miller, for a free consultation. 770-408-1001
Get Help Now
Fill out this short form and Criminal Defense Lawyer Scott Miller contact you quickly about your traffic, DUI, misdemeanor, felony or probation violation case.
- I was moving along with the speed of traffic when I was pulled over. I was frightened, this was my first ticket ever. The police officer gave me a super speeder ticket. Attorney Miller got my speed reduced and my ticket dismissed. Hooray Attorney Miller, I will refer all my friends and family to you! Roeween: Buford GA.
- I was arrested for street racing in Alpharetta. Scott had helped me previously with a speeding ticket I called Attorney Miller when I was released from jail. Scott worked with the court and got my charge reduced. I had to pay a fine and go to traffic school. Simon
- Thank you Attorney Scott, you made my reckless driving ticket go away. Alexandra: Alpharetta, GA.
- Posted on 05/06/2018 School is still in session, look for a stopped school buses
- Posted on 05/05/2018 Ticketed for invalid vehicle registration after moving to Georgia?
- Posted on 05/05/2018 If you drive an unregistered vehicle in Georgia, you may be guilty of a misdemeanor