On a Thursday in Marietta City Court, I appeared with my client to fight his super speeder ticket.
After much negotiation, I was unable to get the prosecutor to reduce my client's speed to 14 over the limit, so I had the case bound over to Cobb County State Court.
By having the case moved to Cobb State Court, my client and I have an additional opportunity to negotiate for a better outcome.
Occasionally, an attorney's negotiation argument with the court falls on deaf ears, so on those occasions, it is an excellent strategy to move the case to a higher court. Moving the case to a higher court, will allow several additional months for discovery and provide a different prosecutor to negotiate with.
This informational blog about negotiating with the court, is provided to you by the Alpharetta, Georgia speeding ticket defense attorney Scott Miller.
If you have speeding tickets that you would like to discuss with attorney Scott Miller, please call him at 770-408-1001 for a free consultation.
Get Help Now
Fill out this short form and Criminal Defense Lawyer Scott Miller contact you quickly about your traffic, DUI, misdemeanor, felony or probation violation case.
- My son was arrested for racing, and reckless driving. I called attorney Scott Miller for help. He went to work right away to help us. Attorney Miller had my son take a defensive driving course and perform 40 hours of community service. Scott also had my son write a 300 word essay about the dangers of driving fast. When we went to court, Attorney Miller got my sons charges reduced and he was able to keep his drivers license. Thank you Scott for helping a mother and her son in there time of need. I recommend attorney Scott Miller highly. He is the best. A grateful mother in Alpharetta, GA.
- I was given a super speeder ticket on GA–400. I was not disappointed, he got the ticket dismissed and prevented me from having points on my license, and paying the super speeder fine. I recommend him to anyone with a speeding ticket. Alberto: Roswell, Ga.
- My 17-year-old son was given a speeding ticket on GA-400. Attorney Scott Miller got the speeding ticket dismissed. He was very professional and he led us through the process. Denise: Alpharetta, GA.
- Posted on 05/06/2018 School is still in session, look for a stopped school buses
- Posted on 05/05/2018 Ticketed for invalid vehicle registration after moving to Georgia?
- Posted on 05/05/2018 If you drive an unregistered vehicle in Georgia, you may be guilty of a misdemeanor