The Georgia super speeder law went into effect on January 1, 2010. This law titled HB160, adds an additional $200 state fee to any driver convicted of speeding at 75 miles an hour or greater, on any 2 lane Rd. in Georgia. This law adds an additional $200 state fee to any driver convicted of speeding at 85 mph or greater anywhere in the state of Georgia.
These fees are added by the state and are additional to any local fine or fee, that is charged by a city or county government when someone is convicted of a super speeder violation.
The super speeder fees collected will be used by the state of Georgia to help fund hospital trauma units, when approximately 60% of trauma patients or crash related.
These super speeder, high risk drivers in essence, will help pay for the hospital charges were crash victims are taken.
If you have questions about the above, or if you have been charged with a speeding, or super speeder violation, contact the speeding ticket defense Attorney Scott Miller, in Alpharetta, Georgia for a free consultation. 770-408-1001
Be the first to comment!
Post a Comment
Get Help Now
Fill out this short form and Criminal Defense Lawyer Scott Miller contact you quickly about your traffic, DUI, misdemeanor, felony or probation violation case.
- Attorney Scott recently represented me and my mother both for traffic ticket charges. In both cases he got my mothers charge and my charge dismissed. He is a wonderful attorney and also a wonderful person. I can’t recommend him enough! Regina: Marietta, GA.
- I was moving along with the speed of traffic when I was pulled over. I was frightened, this was my first ticket ever. The police officer gave me a super speeder ticket. Attorney Miller got my speed reduced and my ticket dismissed. Hooray Attorney Miller, I will refer all my friends and family to you! Roeween: Buford GA.
- I was arrested for street racing in Alpharetta. Scott had helped me previously with a speeding ticket I called Attorney Miller when I was released from jail. Scott worked with the court and got my charge reduced. I had to pay a fine and go to traffic school. Simon
- Posted on 05/06/2018 School is still in session, look for a stopped school buses
- Posted on 05/05/2018 Ticketed for invalid vehicle registration after moving to Georgia?
- Posted on 05/05/2018 If you drive an unregistered vehicle in Georgia, you may be guilty of a misdemeanor