The Georgia super speeder law went into effect on January 1, 2010. This law titled HB160, adds an additional $200 state fee to any driver convicted of speeding at 75 miles an hour or greater, on any 2 lane Rd. in Georgia. This law adds an additional $200 state fee to any driver convicted of speeding at 85 mph or greater anywhere in the state of Georgia.
These fees are added by the state and are additional to any local fine or fee, that is charged by a city or county government when someone is convicted of a super speeder violation.
The super speeder fees collected will be used by the state of Georgia to help fund hospital trauma units, when approximately 60% of trauma patients or crash related.
These super speeder, high risk drivers in essence, will help pay for the hospital charges were crash victims are taken.
If you have questions about the above, or if you have been charged with a speeding, or super speeder violation, contact the speeding ticket defense Attorney Scott Miller, in Alpharetta, Georgia for a free consultation. 770-408-1001
Get Help Now
Fill out this short form and Criminal Defense Lawyer Scott Miller contact you quickly about your traffic, DUI, misdemeanor, felony or probation violation case.
- My son was arrested for racing, and reckless driving. I called attorney Scott Miller for help. He went to work right away to help us. Attorney Miller had my son take a defensive driving course and perform 40 hours of community service. Scott also had my son write a 300 word essay about the dangers of driving fast. When we went to court, Attorney Miller got my sons charges reduced and he was able to keep his drivers license. Thank you Scott for helping a mother and her son in there time of need. I recommend attorney Scott Miller highly. He is the best. A grateful mother in Alpharetta, GA.
- I was given a super speeder ticket on GA–400. I was not disappointed, he got the ticket dismissed and prevented me from having points on my license, and paying the super speeder fine. I recommend him to anyone with a speeding ticket. Alberto: Roswell, Ga.
- My 17-year-old son was given a speeding ticket on GA-400. Attorney Scott Miller got the speeding ticket dismissed. He was very professional and he led us through the process. Denise: Alpharetta, GA.
- Posted on 05/06/2018 School is still in session, look for a stopped school buses
- Posted on 05/05/2018 Ticketed for invalid vehicle registration after moving to Georgia?
- Posted on 05/05/2018 If you drive an unregistered vehicle in Georgia, you may be guilty of a misdemeanor