The common reasons for changing lanes while driving on a city or state street or highway is that the lane you are driving in is coming to an end.
Other common reasons to a change lanes are that you are planning to turn in an upcoming intersection which requires you to be in another lane to complete the legal turn.
If you are approaching hazards in or on the road, like holes in the roadway or obstacles left on the roadway, it may be necessary for you to change lanes, but do so safely.
If you are traveling on the road and the vehicle in front of you is driving slower than the speed limit you are permitted to pass that vehicle safely as long as the lines marking the lanes are broken white lines.
If you have received a traffic ticket for illegal lane change or if you have questions about lane changes violations, or other traffic ticket matters, contact the traffic ticket defense attorney Scott Miller in Alpharetta, Georgia for a free consultation. 770-408-1001
Get Help Now
Fill out this short form and Criminal Defense Lawyer Scott Miller contact you quickly about your traffic, DUI, misdemeanor, felony or probation violation case.
- Attorney Scott recently represented me and my mother both for traffic ticket charges. In both cases he got my mothers charge and my charge dismissed. He is a wonderful attorney and also a wonderful person. I can’t recommend him enough! Regina: Marietta, GA.
- I was moving along with the speed of traffic when I was pulled over. I was frightened, this was my first ticket ever. The police officer gave me a super speeder ticket. Attorney Miller got my speed reduced and my ticket dismissed. Hooray Attorney Miller, I will refer all my friends and family to you! Roeween: Buford GA.
- I was arrested for street racing in Alpharetta. Scott had helped me previously with a speeding ticket I called Attorney Miller when I was released from jail. Scott worked with the court and got my charge reduced. I had to pay a fine and go to traffic school. Simon
- Posted on 05/06/2018 School is still in session, look for a stopped school buses
- Posted on 05/05/2018 Ticketed for invalid vehicle registration after moving to Georgia?
- Posted on 05/05/2018 If you drive an unregistered vehicle in Georgia, you may be guilty of a misdemeanor