The common reasons for changing lanes while driving on a city or state street or highway is that the lane you are driving in is coming to an end.
Other common reasons to a change lanes are that you are planning to turn in an upcoming intersection which requires you to be in another lane to complete the legal turn.
If you are approaching hazards in or on the road, like holes in the roadway or obstacles left on the roadway, it may be necessary for you to change lanes, but do so safely.
If you are traveling on the road and the vehicle in front of you is driving slower than the speed limit you are permitted to pass that vehicle safely as long as the lines marking the lanes are broken white lines.
If you have received a traffic ticket for illegal lane change or if you have questions about lane changes violations, or other traffic ticket matters, contact the traffic ticket defense attorney Scott Miller in Alpharetta, Georgia for a free consultation. 770-408-1001
Get Help Now
Fill out this short form and Criminal Defense Lawyer Scott Miller contact you quickly about your traffic, DUI, misdemeanor, felony or probation violation case.
- My son was arrested for racing, and reckless driving. I called attorney Scott Miller for help. He went to work right away to help us. Attorney Miller had my son take a defensive driving course and perform 40 hours of community service. Scott also had my son write a 300 word essay about the dangers of driving fast. When we went to court, Attorney Miller got my sons charges reduced and he was able to keep his drivers license. Thank you Scott for helping a mother and her son in there time of need. I recommend attorney Scott Miller highly. He is the best. A grateful mother in Alpharetta, GA.
- I was given a super speeder ticket on GA–400. I was not disappointed, he got the ticket dismissed and prevented me from having points on my license, and paying the super speeder fine. I recommend him to anyone with a speeding ticket. Alberto: Roswell, Ga.
- My 17-year-old son was given a speeding ticket on GA-400. Attorney Scott Miller got the speeding ticket dismissed. He was very professional and he led us through the process. Denise: Alpharetta, GA.
- Posted on 05/06/2018 School is still in session, look for a stopped school buses
- Posted on 05/05/2018 Ticketed for invalid vehicle registration after moving to Georgia?
- Posted on 05/05/2018 If you drive an unregistered vehicle in Georgia, you may be guilty of a misdemeanor