If you have had a change of name, it must be listed on your proof of identity document, or on your drivers license.

If you are in the process of changing the name on your identity document or your drivers license one of the following must be with you when you go the Georgia office to have this done.
1- A US passport or passport card
2- A divorce decree
3- A Court order for legal name change
4- A Court adoption paper
5- A marriage certificate or license
6- A marriage license application

You must bring original Social Security card or a print out from the Social Security Administration with your name and Social Security number on it. A W-2 or 1099 form from an employer showing your name and full or partial Social Security number is also acceptable. You may also use a Medicare or Medicaid card with the applicants name and Social Security number on it. A selective service notice with the applicants name and Social Security number on it is also acceptable. Finally a military discharge paper DD-214 or a military ID with the applicants name and so security number on it or also acceptable.

If you have questions about the above or if you need assistance with obtaining a name change, contact the driver's license attorney Scott Miller in Alpharetta, Georgia for a free consultation. 770-408-1001

Scott Miller
Connect with me
Georgia Attorney at Law
Post A Comment

Get Help Now

Fill out this short form and Criminal Defense Lawyer Scott Miller contact you quickly about your traffic, DUI, misdemeanor, felony or probation violation case.