Take a second look before backing up to prevent accidents!
When backing up, be it on the street or in a parking lot, be careful not to strike any objects.
If you strike another object either another vehicle or a stationary object like a sign or fence post with your vehicle, it is considered a vehicular collision.
The laws of the state of Georgia require that you to search for the owner of the property, and if you not able to locate this person, you must leave your personal information and contact numbers in a prominent location, so that the owner of the vehicle or other property can contact you.
If you leave the site of a collision where your vehicle collided with another vehicle or a stationary object, without leaving your personal information, you could be charged with the criminal misdemeanor of leaving the side of an accident.
This informational blog is provided to you by the Alpharetta, Georgia traffic ticket defense attorney Scott Miller.
If you have questions for attorney Scott Miller about leaving the scene of an accident or other traffic ticket matters, you may contact him at 770-408-1001 for a free consultation.
Get Help Now
Fill out this short form and Criminal Defense Lawyer Scott Miller contact you quickly about your traffic, DUI, misdemeanor, felony or probation violation case.
- Attorney Scott recently represented me and my mother both for traffic ticket charges. In both cases he got my mothers charge and my charge dismissed. He is a wonderful attorney and also a wonderful person. I can’t recommend him enough! Regina: Marietta, GA.
- I was moving along with the speed of traffic when I was pulled over. I was frightened, this was my first ticket ever. The police officer gave me a super speeder ticket. Attorney Miller got my speed reduced and my ticket dismissed. Hooray Attorney Miller, I will refer all my friends and family to you! Roeween: Buford GA.
- I was arrested for street racing in Alpharetta. Scott had helped me previously with a speeding ticket I called Attorney Miller when I was released from jail. Scott worked with the court and got my charge reduced. I had to pay a fine and go to traffic school. Simon
- Posted on 05/06/2018 School is still in session, look for a stopped school buses
- Posted on 05/05/2018 Ticketed for invalid vehicle registration after moving to Georgia?
- Posted on 05/05/2018 If you drive an unregistered vehicle in Georgia, you may be guilty of a misdemeanor