Take a second look before backing up to prevent accidents!
When backing up, be it on the street or in a parking lot, be careful not to strike any objects.
If you strike another object either another vehicle or a stationary object like a sign or fence post with your vehicle, it is considered a vehicular collision.
The laws of the state of Georgia require that you to search for the owner of the property, and if you not able to locate this person, you must leave your personal information and contact numbers in a prominent location, so that the owner of the vehicle or other property can contact you.
If you leave the site of a collision where your vehicle collided with another vehicle or a stationary object, without leaving your personal information, you could be charged with the criminal misdemeanor of leaving the side of an accident.
This informational blog is provided to you by the Alpharetta, Georgia traffic ticket defense attorney Scott Miller.
If you have questions for attorney Scott Miller about leaving the scene of an accident or other traffic ticket matters, you may contact him at 770-408-1001 for a free consultation.
Get Help Now
Fill out this short form and Criminal Defense Lawyer Scott Miller contact you quickly about your traffic, DUI, misdemeanor, felony or probation violation case.
- Thank you Attorney Scott, you made my reckless driving ticket go away. Alexandra: Alpharetta, GA.
- My son was arrested for racing, and reckless driving. I called attorney Scott Miller for help. He went to work right away to help us. Attorney Miller had my son take a defensive driving course and perform 40 hours of community service. Scott also had my son write a 300 word essay about the dangers of driving fast. When we went to court, Attorney Miller got my sons charges reduced and he was able to keep his drivers license. Thank you Scott for helping a mother and her son in there time of need. I recommend attorney Scott Miller highly. He is the best. A grateful mother in Alpharetta, GA.
- I was given a super speeder ticket on GA–400. I was not disappointed, he got the ticket dismissed and prevented me from having points on my license, and paying the super speeder fine. I recommend him to anyone with a speeding ticket. Alberto: Roswell, Ga.
- Posted on 05/06/2018 School is still in session, look for a stopped school buses
- Posted on 05/05/2018 Ticketed for invalid vehicle registration after moving to Georgia?
- Posted on 05/05/2018 If you drive an unregistered vehicle in Georgia, you may be guilty of a misdemeanor