Ticketed for driving without insurance, GA. code 40-6-10
GA 40-6-10, The owner or operator of a motor vehicle is required to have proof or evidence of minimum motor vehicle liability insurance coverage in the vehicle.
Any person who fails to comply with this requirement shall be guilty of a misdemeanor and, upon conviction, shall be subject to a fine of not less than $200 nor more than $1000 or imprisonment for not more than 12 months or both.
In January, I represented my client in Roswell City Court who had been charged with operating a motor vehicle with no proof of insurance.
This particular client did have the required minimum vehicle insurance however, he did not have proof of insurance with him.
Following consultation with the prosecutor and after presenting evidence to the court that my client did have vehicle insurance at the time of his traffic stop,
I was able to get his charge dismissed.
This is another very happy client of the Alpharetta, Georgia traffic ticket defense attorney Scott Miller.
Attorney Scott Miller is available for free consultation about traffic ticket matters at 770-408-1001.
Join The Conversation
Get Help Now
Fill out this short form and Criminal Defense Lawyer Scott Miller contact you quickly about your traffic, DUI, misdemeanor, felony or probation violation case.
- Attorney Scott recently represented me and my mother both for traffic ticket charges. In both cases he got my mothers charge and my charge dismissed. He is a wonderful attorney and also a wonderful person. I can’t recommend him enough! Regina: Marietta, GA.
- I was moving along with the speed of traffic when I was pulled over. I was frightened, this was my first ticket ever. The police officer gave me a super speeder ticket. Attorney Miller got my speed reduced and my ticket dismissed. Hooray Attorney Miller, I will refer all my friends and family to you! Roeween: Buford GA.
- I was arrested for street racing in Alpharetta. Scott had helped me previously with a speeding ticket I called Attorney Miller when I was released from jail. Scott worked with the court and got my charge reduced. I had to pay a fine and go to traffic school. Simon
- Posted on 05/06/2018 School is still in session, look for a stopped school buses
- Posted on 05/05/2018 Ticketed for invalid vehicle registration after moving to Georgia?
- Posted on 05/05/2018 If you drive an unregistered vehicle in Georgia, you may be guilty of a misdemeanor