On Wednesday, October 17, 2018 at 8:33 AM:
I appeared with my client in the Sandy Springs Municipal Court. My client had been charged with possession of marijuana less than 1 ounce.
Possession of marijuana less than 1 ounce is covered under O.C.G.A. 16-13-2(b). It states that a person charged with possession of marijuana, of 1 oz or less, shall be guilty of a misdemeanor and punished by imprisonment not to exceed 12 months, or a fine not to exceed $1000, or both.
Following considerable negotiation, I got the prosecutor to agree to allow my client a pretrial diversion. A pre-trial diversion is a hold and clear of six months.
The six months will allow my client to complete community service hours, and complete a drug and alcohol evaluation, and complete a treatment program.
At the end of six months, if all the requirements are met by my client, her case will be dismissed.
This is another very happy client of the Alpharetta, Georgia drug defense attorney Scott Miller.
If you have drug issues or other criminal issues that you would like to discuss with attorney Scott Miller, he is available today for free consultation at 770-408-1001.
Post A Comment
Get Help Now
Fill out this short form and Criminal Defense Lawyer Scott Miller contact you quickly about your traffic, DUI, misdemeanor, felony or probation violation case.
- Attorney Scott Miller got my daughter’s marijuana possession dismissed. I can’t say enough about this man and the way he worked for us. I recommend him without hesitation to anyone. Tonya: A happy mother in Alpharetta.
- Attorney Scott Miller provided impeccable representation for me in the Alpharetta Municipal Court. He defended me against a charge of disorderly conduct, and he got my charge dismissed. Scott went above and beyond to explain each legal process step by step, this was extremely reassuring to me. As someone who is currently a student and professional, having a criminal background could have had the potential to tarnish my reputation, and impact my opportunities in the future. Meghan
- Alpharetta Attorney Scott Miller got my son's shoplifting charge dismissed. GB: Alpharetta, GA.
- Posted on 12/12/2012 Dunwoody Traffic Attorney Scott Miller Examines GA Code , Title 40, Section 40-2-6.1
- Posted on 12/12/2012 Dunwoody Traffic Attorney Scott Miller Examines GA Code , Title 40, Section 40-2-7
- Posted on 12/12/2012 Dunwoody Traffic Attorney Scott Miller Examines GA Code , Title 40, Section 40-2-8