On Wednesday, October 17, 2018 at 8:33 AM:
I appeared with my client in the Sandy Springs Municipal Court. My client had been charged with possession of marijuana less than 1 ounce.
Possession of marijuana less than 1 ounce is covered under O.C.G.A. 16-13-2(b). It states that a person charged with possession of marijuana, of 1 oz or less, shall be guilty of a misdemeanor and punished by imprisonment not to exceed 12 months, or a fine not to exceed $1000, or both.
Following considerable negotiation, I got the prosecutor to agree to allow my client a pretrial diversion. A pre-trial diversion is a hold and clear of six months.
The six months will allow my client to complete community service hours, and complete a drug and alcohol evaluation, and complete a treatment program.
At the end of six months, if all the requirements are met by my client, her case will be dismissed.
This is another very happy client of the Alpharetta, Georgia drug defense attorney Scott Miller.
If you have drug issues or other criminal issues that you would like to discuss with attorney Scott Miller, he is available today for free consultation at 770-408-1001.
- Posted on 11/14/2018Fighting client's marijuana charge in Sandy Springs Court.
- Posted on 11/14/2018Fighting client’s marijuana charge in Roswell City Court:
- Posted on 11/02/2018Fighting my client’s marijuana charge in Sandy Springs Court
- Posted on 12/12/2012 Dunwoody Traffic Attorney Scott Miller Examines GA Code , Title 40, Section 40-2-6.1
- Posted on 12/12/2012 Dunwoody Traffic Attorney Scott Miller Examines GA Code , Title 40, Section 40-2-7
- Posted on 12/12/2012 Dunwoody Traffic Attorney Scott Miller Examines GA Code , Title 40, Section 40-2-8